ACV is the 1st Canadian tour operator to provide coverage for emergency medical and quarantine expenses relating to COVID-19.
The insurance coverage is included at no cost as part of select ACV Caribbean and Mexico vacation packages through April, 2021.
It’s all about providing travellers who long for their next dream vacation to their favourite sunny destination with confidence when booking.
Air Canada Vacations’ COVID-19 Coverage and Assistance Plan is administered by insurance giant Allianz Global Assistance.
- If you are an eligible traveller and have booked an eligible ACV vacation package, you are automatically covered under the COVID-19 Coverage & Assistance Plan.
- There is no additional cost to you. Air Canada Vacations will cover the cost of coverage.
- The plan covers eligible travellers departing between September 4, 2020 and April 30, 2021.
COVID-COVERED – AT NO COST
The insurance is designed to cover emergency medical and quarantine expenses if COVID-19 is contracted while travelling, and includes
· Up to $100,000 medical and hospital costs outside Canada if diagnosed with COVID-19 while on vacation;
· $150 CAN per person per day up to 14 days for accommodation costs required to quarantine; and
· Ambulance transportation and more.
It’s included in all flight and hotel Air Canada Vacations packages to select destinations in Mexico and in the Caribbean at no extra cost, and Air Canada Vacations will cover the cost of the coverage.
The ACV insurance program is provided in conjunction with Air Canada CleanCare+, a comprehensive program of measures including the implementation of the company’s Health and Safety Standards in its Sun destinations.
Nearly two dozen ACV Sun destinations in the Caribbean and Mexico are included in the coverage:
· The Bahamas
· Cayman Islands
· Costa Rica
o San José
o Cayo Coco
o Cayo Santa María
· Dominican Republic
o Punta Cana
o Montego Bay
o Puerto Vallarta
o Los Cabos
· Saint Martin/ Sint Maarten
· Puerto Rico
· Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
· Saint Lucia
· Saint Kitts & Nevis
· Turks & Caicos Islands
The insurance program is applicable to
- residents of Canada who
- have not tested positive for COVID-19 thirty (30) days prior to departure;
- are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 fourteen (14)days prior to departure;
- are not travelling to the USA;
- are travelling to an applicable destination in the Caribbean and Mexico;
among other requirements.
ASK US FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS ABOUT COVERAGE,
and DATES AND PRICES
FOR AIR CANADA VACATIONS SUN PACKAGES
in applicable destinations
As well as
Additional Terms & Conditions which Apply
About Air Canada Vacations
Air Canada Vacations is a leading Canadian vacation expert offering a wide selection of vacation packages and cruises to destinations across Mexico and the Caribbean, Central and South America, Europe, Canada and the USA. Air Canada Vacations offers convenient connectors from 54 Canadian cities, web and mobile check-in and Aeroplan® Miles. Air Canada Vacations packages include flights on board Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge.
Allianz Global Assistance
For over 30 years, Allianz Global Assistance has supported travelling Canadians when they need it most with value-added travel insurance and assistance services. More than 800 employees support long-term partnerships with some of the best-known brands in travel.
TW Insurance Services Ltd.
TW Insurance Services is a national insurance brokerage with a focus on providing advice, choice and advocacy across various insurance products including travel.